Four hurt in Welwyn Garden City car smash
FOUR people were taken to hospital following a head-on car accident yesterday (Sunday).
Police, the fire service and two ambulances rushed to the scene of the smash, in Ascots Lane, WGC, at around 5pm.
Two vehicles - a blue Peugeot Boxer van and a white Vauxhall Astra estate - were involved.
Firefighter Steve Duncan, a watch commander at Hatfield fire station, described the accident as a “head-on” collision.
The driver of the van, a man in his 20’s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The car driver, a father and his son and daughter, also suffered minor injuries in the smash.
Ascots Lane was closed to traffic for nearly two hours after the accident, between its junctions with Hollybush Lane and Mill Green Lane.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire