Four hurt in Welwyn Garden City car smash
FOUR people were taken to hospital following a head-on car accident yesterday (Sunday).
Police, the fire service and two ambulances rushed to the scene of the smash, in Ascots Lane, WGC, at around 5pm.
Two vehicles - a blue Peugeot Boxer van and a white Vauxhall Astra estate - were involved.
Firefighter Steve Duncan, a watch commander at Hatfield fire station, described the accident as a “head-on” collision.
The driver of the van, a man in his 20’s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The car driver, a father and his son and daughter, also suffered minor injuries in the smash.
Ascots Lane was closed to traffic for nearly two hours after the accident, between its junctions with Hollybush Lane and Mill Green Lane.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas