Four hurt in Welwyn Garden City car smash
FOUR people were taken to hospital following a head-on car accident yesterday (Sunday).
Police, the fire service and two ambulances rushed to the scene of the smash, in Ascots Lane, WGC, at around 5pm.
Two vehicles - a blue Peugeot Boxer van and a white Vauxhall Astra estate - were involved.
Firefighter Steve Duncan, a watch commander at Hatfield fire station, described the accident as a “head-on” collision.
The driver of the van, a man in his 20’s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The car driver, a father and his son and daughter, also suffered minor injuries in the smash.
Ascots Lane was closed to traffic for nearly two hours after the accident, between its junctions with Hollybush Lane and Mill Green Lane.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping