Four hurt in Welwyn Garden City car smash
FOUR people were taken to hospital following a head-on car accident yesterday (Sunday).
Police, the fire service and two ambulances rushed to the scene of the smash, in Ascots Lane, WGC, at around 5pm.
Two vehicles - a blue Peugeot Boxer van and a white Vauxhall Astra estate - were involved.
Firefighter Steve Duncan, a watch commander at Hatfield fire station, described the accident as a “head-on” collision.
The driver of the van, a man in his 20’s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The car driver, a father and his son and daughter, also suffered minor injuries in the smash.
Ascots Lane was closed to traffic for nearly two hours after the accident, between its junctions with Hollybush Lane and Mill Green Lane.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 4 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children