Four arrested in distraction burglary probe
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with more than 30 distraction burglaries across the country.
Nearly half of the offences, in October last year, took place in Hertfordshire – including two in Welham Green and one in Datchworth.
Other offences were carried out in Hampshire, Nottinghamshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Staffordshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire and the Thames Valley region.
The arrests were carried out by detectives from Hertfordshire Constabulary’s Operation Manhunt.
Detective inspector Ian Butler said: “This has been an intense operation.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers from Operation Manhunt, the constabulary’s team dedicated to investigating distraction burglary, have worked tirelessly to make these arrests and our enquiries into these offences continue.”
A 55-year-old man from Bulwell in Notts, a 17-year-old boy from Gildersome near Leeds, a 20-year-old woman from Ruislip, Middlesex, and a 47-year-old woman from Greenford, Middlesex, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit distraction burglary.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
All four were bailed pending further enquiries.