Four arrested in distraction burglary probe
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with more than 30 distraction burglaries across the country.
Nearly half of the offences, in October last year, took place in Hertfordshire – including two in Welham Green and one in Datchworth.
Other offences were carried out in Hampshire, Nottinghamshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Staffordshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire and the Thames Valley region.
The arrests were carried out by detectives from Hertfordshire Constabulary’s Operation Manhunt.
Detective inspector Ian Butler said: “This has been an intense operation.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers from Operation Manhunt, the constabulary’s team dedicated to investigating distraction burglary, have worked tirelessly to make these arrests and our enquiries into these offences continue.”
A 55-year-old man from Bulwell in Notts, a 17-year-old boy from Gildersome near Leeds, a 20-year-old woman from Ruislip, Middlesex, and a 47-year-old woman from Greenford, Middlesex, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit distraction burglary.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
All four were bailed pending further enquiries.