Former Spurs and England schoolboy needs a publisher for his book
EX-WGC FC manager Del Deanus was once a talented young footballer, capped as an England schoolboy alongside the likes of Ryan Giggs and Nick Barmby. However, he was plagued by injury and his promising career was cut short, at the age of 26. He kept up a
EX-WGC FC manager Del Deanus was once a talented young footballer, capped as an England schoolboy alongside the likes of Ryan Giggs and Nick Barmby.
However, he was plagued by injury and his promising career was cut short, at the age of 26.
He kept up a healthy lifestyle, even running the London Marathon.
But his life took a sudden and tragic turn for the worse in February 2008 when he was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
You may also want to watch:
The last time the WHT spoke to Del, in April, he had just organised a football tournament to fundraise for the North and East Herts MND Association and was preparing to write a book to raise cash for the charity.
The book is now finished, but he needs a publisher to help raise as much money for the charity as possible.
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 7 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
WHAT is the connection between MND and athletes?
That is the question a Welwyn man, who contracted the progressive muscle wasting condition, is trying to find out in his new book.
Del Deanus, of Lockleys Drive, completed the book with the help of writer and friend Jerry Lyons.
However, in order for the book to raise as much money as possible they need to find a publisher.
A former Tottenham Hotspur youth player, Del told the WHT the book will come out no matter what on October 1, but if it's self-published then they will not raise as much as they were hoping.
The book focuses on Del's intriguing life story and also investigates the link between MND and healthy people.
If you're a publisher and can help or know one, contact Jerry on 07846 839944 or email email@example.com
For more on this story see this week's paper information visit http://delsstory.blogspot.com