Former prisoner Kane awaiting home at RSPCA centre
KEPT in a small wooden hutch with a wire front and no room to play, Kane the rabbit was treated like a prisoner.
He was unable to stand upright, to run, to stretch out and to graze.
That was until he arrived at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
While he waits for a new home, centre staff have found Kane a “nice, spacious rabbit ark, with a warm, dry indoor area and access to a grassy run”.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was wonderful to watch him hopping around, nibbling at the grass and exploring his toys and tunnels.
You may also want to watch:
“The way Kane had been kept has without doubt affected him mentally.
“With time, the right handling and facilities, we are sure Kane will make a good recovery.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
If you can give him a home call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit Kane at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.