Former prisoner Kane awaiting home at RSPCA centre
KEPT in a small wooden hutch with a wire front and no room to play, Kane the rabbit was treated like a prisoner.
He was unable to stand upright, to run, to stretch out and to graze.
That was until he arrived at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
While he waits for a new home, centre staff have found Kane a “nice, spacious rabbit ark, with a warm, dry indoor area and access to a grassy run”.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was wonderful to watch him hopping around, nibbling at the grass and exploring his toys and tunnels.
You may also want to watch:
“The way Kane had been kept has without doubt affected him mentally.
“With time, the right handling and facilities, we are sure Kane will make a good recovery.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
If you can give him a home call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit Kane at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.