Former prisoner Kane awaiting home at RSPCA centre
KEPT in a small wooden hutch with a wire front and no room to play, Kane the rabbit was treated like a prisoner.
He was unable to stand upright, to run, to stretch out and to graze.
That was until he arrived at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
While he waits for a new home, centre staff have found Kane a “nice, spacious rabbit ark, with a warm, dry indoor area and access to a grassy run”.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was wonderful to watch him hopping around, nibbling at the grass and exploring his toys and tunnels.
You may also want to watch:
“The way Kane had been kept has without doubt affected him mentally.
“With time, the right handling and facilities, we are sure Kane will make a good recovery.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
If you can give him a home call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit Kane at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.