Former Labour MP Tony Benn coming to Potters Bar
ONE of the country’s best known and much loved politicians will be in Potters Bar this week to share his memories of a life in Parliament and discuss his often outspoken views.
Former Labour MP Tony Benn, who is the party’s all time longest serving parliamentarian, will be talking about his life in politics at the Wyllyotts Theatre off Darkes Lane this Friday, November 13.
He will also be answering audience questions after the talk.
Mr Benn retired from the House of Commons in 2001, after 50 years as an MP, and in that time served as a secretary of state under both Harold Wilson and James Callaghan. He also served as Postmaster General from 1964 to 1966.
Tickets to the event cost �15. Concessions cost �14.
You may also want to watch:
*Ahead of his appearance at the Wyllyotts Theatre, Mr Benn spoke exclusively to the Potters Bar Edition. See this Wednesday’s edition for more.
- 1 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 2 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 3 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death