Former Labour MP Tony Benn coming to Potters Bar
ONE of the country’s best known and much loved politicians will be in Potters Bar this week to share his memories of a life in Parliament and discuss his often outspoken views.
Former Labour MP Tony Benn, who is the party’s all time longest serving parliamentarian, will be talking about his life in politics at the Wyllyotts Theatre off Darkes Lane this Friday, November 13.
He will also be answering audience questions after the talk.
Mr Benn retired from the House of Commons in 2001, after 50 years as an MP, and in that time served as a secretary of state under both Harold Wilson and James Callaghan. He also served as Postmaster General from 1964 to 1966.
Tickets to the event cost �15. Concessions cost �14.
You may also want to watch:
*Ahead of his appearance at the Wyllyotts Theatre, Mr Benn spoke exclusively to the Potters Bar Edition. See this Wednesday’s edition for more.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game