Former Labour MP Tony Benn coming to Potters Bar
ONE of the country’s best known and much loved politicians will be in Potters Bar this week to share his memories of a life in Parliament and discuss his often outspoken views.
Former Labour MP Tony Benn, who is the party’s all time longest serving parliamentarian, will be talking about his life in politics at the Wyllyotts Theatre off Darkes Lane this Friday, November 13.
He will also be answering audience questions after the talk.
Mr Benn retired from the House of Commons in 2001, after 50 years as an MP, and in that time served as a secretary of state under both Harold Wilson and James Callaghan. He also served as Postmaster General from 1964 to 1966.
Tickets to the event cost �15. Concessions cost �14.
You may also want to watch:
*Ahead of his appearance at the Wyllyotts Theatre, Mr Benn spoke exclusively to the Potters Bar Edition. See this Wednesday’s edition for more.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told