Former Hertfordshire MEP faces suspension from Parliament
A FORMER Labour MEP for Hertfordshire faces suspension from the House of Lords today (Wednesday) over his part in a cash for amendments investigation. Peter Truscott, who used to live in
A FORMER Labour MEP for Hertfordshire faces suspension from the House of Lords today (Wednesday) over his part in a "cash for amendments" investigation.
Peter Truscott, who used to live in Welwyn, represented the county in the European Parliament from 1994 to 1999.
In January, claims in the Sunday Times newspaper said the former energy minister, together with three other Labour peers, offered to help make amendments to legislation in return for thousands of pounds in fees.
The 49-year-old refuted the allegations, but his appeal was rejected.
You may also want to watch:
The Lords Committee of Privileges has recommended Lord Truscott and Lord Taylor of Blackburn be suspended from Parliament until the end of the current session.
Their fate will be decided in a vote by fellow peers today.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire