Former Hatfield schoolboy 'Left for dead'
A YOUNG man is fighting for life after being allegedly run over by a tipper truck yards from his own front door. Former Hatfield schoolboy Michael Doody was left with 17 pelvic fractures, a broken leg and severe internal injuries after the horrific attack
A YOUNG man is fighting for life after being allegedly run over by a tipper truck yards from his own front door.
Former Hatfield schoolboy Michael Doody was left with 17 pelvic fractures, a broken leg and severe internal injuries after the horrific attack.
This week his mum Polly Havard has released this dramatic picture as her son lies in intensive care, unable to talk, and asks the question: "Why would anyone do this to anybody else?".
Polly, 48, believed Michael, who went to Onslow St Audrey's School, might not pull through.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking from Michael's bedside she said: "He was broken in half, he can't breathe properly on his own and there is scaffolding holding him together.
"The police originally said this was a minor assault.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
"For the first few days everybody thought he wasn't going to make it."
Michael has woken up after a seven-hour operation, but is on a ventilator to help him breathe.
A metal clamp is holding his pelvis together and he now has a permanent metal rod in his leg.
The alleged attack took place in Reed Close, London Colney.
* Thomas Taylor, 18, of Valley Road, Walsall, was arrested in Colney Heath and was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was granted conditional bail.