Former Hatfield schoolboy 'Left for dead'
A YOUNG man is fighting for life after being allegedly run over by a tipper truck yards from his own front door. Former Hatfield schoolboy Michael Doody was left with 17 pelvic fractures, a broken leg and severe internal injuries after the horrific attack
A YOUNG man is fighting for life after being allegedly run over by a tipper truck yards from his own front door.
Former Hatfield schoolboy Michael Doody was left with 17 pelvic fractures, a broken leg and severe internal injuries after the horrific attack.
This week his mum Polly Havard has released this dramatic picture as her son lies in intensive care, unable to talk, and asks the question: "Why would anyone do this to anybody else?".
Polly, 48, believed Michael, who went to Onslow St Audrey's School, might not pull through.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking from Michael's bedside she said: "He was broken in half, he can't breathe properly on his own and there is scaffolding holding him together.
"The police originally said this was a minor assault.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
"For the first few days everybody thought he wasn't going to make it."
Michael has woken up after a seven-hour operation, but is on a ventilator to help him breathe.
A metal clamp is holding his pelvis together and he now has a permanent metal rod in his leg.
The alleged attack took place in Reed Close, London Colney.
* Thomas Taylor, 18, of Valley Road, Walsall, was arrested in Colney Heath and was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was granted conditional bail.