Former Brookmans Park schoolboy captains England U19s
FORMER Brookmans Park schoolboy Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly. The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop En
FORMER Brookmans Park schoolboy Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly.
The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipping to defeat at AFC Bournemouth's Dean Court stadium.
Teenager Lansbury, who attended Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park, and his team-mates were one down after five minutes when Lago Falque netted the opener.
It was 2-0 before the break as Jordi Pablo struck.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Raul Ruiz hit the third just after the hour to seal the Spanish victory.
Alongside Lansbury in the England line-up were his Arsenal team-mate Jack Wilshere, Everton's FA Cup goalscoring hero Dan Gosling and Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre