Footage of Welwyn Hatfield drugs raids
Eight people have been arrested following drugs raids across Welwyn Hatfield.
The WHT joined around 50 officers as they smashed down doors in the hunt for dealers.
They charged in shouting “police, police” as residents were woken in Ludwick Way, Ley Walk, Lincoln Close, Hollybush House, Widford Road, Guinness House and Northway, all in WGC and Eagle Way and Clarkson Court in Hatfield.
Futher raids were also carried out in North London.
More than 70 wraps, believed to be Class A drugs, with a street value of around �1,500, and cash, were seized in Welwyn Hatfield and 23 grams of heroin were taken away in North London.
You may also want to watch:
A hydroponics factory was also discovered in a bedroom in Hollybush House.
Welwyn Hatfield Inspector Ian Grout said: “Following the arrests we searched properties and seized drugs that were heading for the streets of Welwyn Hatfield.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Five people were arrested in Clarkson Court on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply.
They were all men, two aged 19 and three aged 20, all from North London, they were all released on police bail until June.
A 17-year-old man from North London was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs at Northway, WGC.
He was later charged with possession of heroin with intent to supply, possession of cannabis and possession of criminal property, he faced magistrates on Wednesday and was released on bail until tomorrow (Thursday).
And a 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of allowing her premises to be used for the supply of drugs, she was bailed until June.
A 37-year-old man from WGC was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis at Hollybush House, he was released with cautioned.