Folk-rock pioneers Steeleye Span coming to The Alban Arena
SAID to be the pioneers of folk-rock , Steeleye Span have been around since 1969. Performing traditional British folk music, often with an electric twist, Steeleye Span with Maddy Prior will be at The Alban Arena on Tuesday. The concert at the St Alban
SAID to be the "pioneers of folk-rock", Steeleye Span have been around since 1969.
Performing traditional British folk music, often with an electric twist, Steeleye Span with Maddy Prior will be at The Alban Arena on Tuesday.
The concert at the St Albans theatre will be the first stop of the band's 40th anniversary tour.
Band stalwart and fiddler extraordinaire Peter Knight, Rick Kemp on bass, Ken Nicol on guitar and vocals and Liam Genockey on the drum stool - the same line-up as featured on their 35th anniversary tour - will be part of the show.
You may also want to watch:
Book your tickets and let them entertain you.
Tickets are from �17.50.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
The show starts at 7.30pm.