Five women arrested in Hatfield brawl
TEN clubbers – half of which were WOMEN – were arrested after a brawl at a Hatfield venue.
One onlooker said there was a “big scrap” and beer bottles were thrown as hundreds of people were enjoying themselves at the Forum on Saturday evening.
Paramedics were called to the University of Hertfordshire bar complex shortly before 2am on Sunday as three men received injuries, with one needing to have hospital treatment to have his hand stitched up.
Detective constable Mike Lawrence said: “There was a large number of people in the venue that evening and I believe there were witnesses to this incident who we have not yet spoken to.
“If you have any information which could help our enquiries please contact police on 0845 33 00 222 as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the Forum said: “We were disappointed to hear about the incident, it was quickly referred to the police and our security and venue management staff are fully co-operating with the investigation.”
Of the 10 arrested, eight were from Borehamwood, one from Croxley Green and one had no fixed abode, all ranging in age from 18 to 22.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Nine were released on police bail until January and one was released with no further action.