Five Star Swing into Welwyn Garden City tonight
AS seen on BBC TV s Children in Need, the Five Star Swing show will be making a one night appearance in WGC tonight (Sunday). Currently on a UK tour with a London performance with Vera Lynn, the band will be on at Campus West Theatre from 7.30pm. The show
AS seen on BBC TV's Children in Need, the Five Star Swing show will be making a one night appearance in WGC tonight (Sunday).
Currently on a UK tour with a London performance with Vera Lynn, the band will be on at Campus West Theatre from 7.30pm.
The show boasts a host of classic big band and swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland style jazz.
Drummer Rick Philpott will be performing together with former Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her bandleader husband Chris, from the band of Glenn Miller's brother, Herb.
You may also want to watch:
Chris, who sings and plays trumpet and piano, said: "I've been brought up with this style of music as my father [Chris Smith Snr] played trombone with Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
"It's great that there's a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music enjoyed by all generations."
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
Tickets cost �12; concessions get �1 off that price.