Five Star Swing into Welwyn Garden City tonight
AS seen on BBC TV s Children in Need, the Five Star Swing show will be making a one night appearance in WGC tonight (Sunday). Currently on a UK tour with a London performance with Vera Lynn, the band will be on at Campus West Theatre from 7.30pm. The show
AS seen on BBC TV's Children in Need, the Five Star Swing show will be making a one night appearance in WGC tonight (Sunday).
Currently on a UK tour with a London performance with Vera Lynn, the band will be on at Campus West Theatre from 7.30pm.
The show boasts a host of classic big band and swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland style jazz.
Drummer Rick Philpott will be performing together with former Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her bandleader husband Chris, from the band of Glenn Miller's brother, Herb.
You may also want to watch:
Chris, who sings and plays trumpet and piano, said: "I've been brought up with this style of music as my father [Chris Smith Snr] played trombone with Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
"It's great that there's a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music enjoyed by all generations."
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
Tickets cost �12; concessions get �1 off that price.