Five more swine flu cases in Hertfordshire
FIVE more people – including two youngsters – from Hertfordshire have been diagnosed with swine flu. It brings the total number of confirmed cases in the county to 15. The new cases involve three men and a young person from the east and north area, and
FIVE more people - including two youngsters - from Hertfordshire have been diagnosed with swine flu.
It brings the total number of confirmed cases in the county to 15.
The new cases involve three men and a young person from the east and north area, and one young person from the western part of the county.
NHS bosses would not give out any further details about the five, who have been given anti-viral drugs and are responding well to treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Hertfordshire, said: "These new cases of swine flu are not connected to the cases previously announced, but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu.
"The NHS in Hertfordshire continues to monitor the situation carefully and our GPs remain vigilant to any patients reporting flu-like symptoms.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
"We have very detailed plans in place to manage any more widespread transmission of swine flu.