Five more swine flu cases in Hertfordshire
FIVE more people – including two youngsters – from Hertfordshire have been diagnosed with swine flu. It brings the total number of confirmed cases in the county to 15. The new cases involve three men and a young person from the east and north area, and
FIVE more people - including two youngsters - from Hertfordshire have been diagnosed with swine flu.
It brings the total number of confirmed cases in the county to 15.
The new cases involve three men and a young person from the east and north area, and one young person from the western part of the county.
NHS bosses would not give out any further details about the five, who have been given anti-viral drugs and are responding well to treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Hertfordshire, said: "These new cases of swine flu are not connected to the cases previously announced, but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu.
"The NHS in Hertfordshire continues to monitor the situation carefully and our GPs remain vigilant to any patients reporting flu-like symptoms.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
"We have very detailed plans in place to manage any more widespread transmission of swine flu.