Five more swine flu cases in Hertfordshire
FIVE more people – including two youngsters – from Hertfordshire have been diagnosed with swine flu. It brings the total number of confirmed cases in the county to 15. The new cases involve three men and a young person from the east and north area, and
FIVE more people - including two youngsters - from Hertfordshire have been diagnosed with swine flu.
It brings the total number of confirmed cases in the county to 15.
The new cases involve three men and a young person from the east and north area, and one young person from the western part of the county.
NHS bosses would not give out any further details about the five, who have been given anti-viral drugs and are responding well to treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Hertfordshire, said: "These new cases of swine flu are not connected to the cases previously announced, but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu.
"The NHS in Hertfordshire continues to monitor the situation carefully and our GPs remain vigilant to any patients reporting flu-like symptoms.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
"We have very detailed plans in place to manage any more widespread transmission of swine flu.