Five men arrested for immigration offences at Sonisphere
FIVE foreigners, including three Mongolians, are poised to be kicked out of the UK, after they were arrested at this year’s Sonisphere Festival.
Officers from the UK Border Agency (UKBA) seized the three Mongolian men, aged 24, 22 and 20 respectively, when they visited the festival site at Knebworth Park on Thursday.
The 24-year-old had entered the country illicitly, while the 20-year-old was snared after he overstayed his visa.
Meanwhile, the 22-year-old was caught working illegally at Gourmet Burger and Fries, which now faces a fine of up to �10,000 unless it can prove that it made the correct pre-employment checks.
Then on Saturday and Sunday, police officers detained two festival-goers, namely a 32-year-old Nigerian and a 26-year-old South African, both of whom had overstayed their visas.
You may also want to watch:
Immigration officer Emma Engutsamy said: “Our first visit to Sonisphere has proved extremely productive.
“As well as the arrests, we have also gathered useful intelligence and been able to raise public awareness of our work.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
She added: “We are determined to crack down on immigration abuse wherever we find it, including major music festivals like Sonisphere.”