First Lights of Love ceremony in Welwyn Garden City today
SUPPORTERS of a hospice will gather to remember lost loved ones in WGC today (Saturday).
The Isabel Hospice’s annual Lights of Love ceremony takes place at a new venue – the green outside Campus West – at 4pm.
Fundraiser Maria Alexander said: “Christmas is often an emotional time of year for those who have lost loved ones. Our ceremonies provide great comfort to bereaved families.
“The care we provide to every patient is very special and many times we are told that donations are made for ‘giving something back’.”
Another ceremony will take place in the Galleria, Hatfield, on Saturday, November 28 at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
There are further events at Ware, Buntingford, Bishop’s Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Hertford and Cheshunt – all towns in the hospice’s catchment area – over the coming weeks.
* To donate in memory of your loved one, fill in the Lights of Love form which can be found online at www.isabelhospice.org.uk
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Their name is then entered into a Book of Love which will be displayed at your chosen ceremony and afterwards at the local Isabel Hospice shop until the end of January.
Call 01707 382500 for further information.