First Lights of Love ceremony in Welwyn Garden City today
SUPPORTERS of a hospice will gather to remember lost loved ones in WGC today (Saturday).
The Isabel Hospice’s annual Lights of Love ceremony takes place at a new venue – the green outside Campus West – at 4pm.
Fundraiser Maria Alexander said: “Christmas is often an emotional time of year for those who have lost loved ones. Our ceremonies provide great comfort to bereaved families.
“The care we provide to every patient is very special and many times we are told that donations are made for ‘giving something back’.”
Another ceremony will take place in the Galleria, Hatfield, on Saturday, November 28 at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
There are further events at Ware, Buntingford, Bishop’s Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Hertford and Cheshunt – all towns in the hospice’s catchment area – over the coming weeks.
* To donate in memory of your loved one, fill in the Lights of Love form which can be found online at www.isabelhospice.org.uk
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
Their name is then entered into a Book of Love which will be displayed at your chosen ceremony and afterwards at the local Isabel Hospice shop until the end of January.
Call 01707 382500 for further information.