First Capital Connect changes plans to cut ticket office hours
RAIL bosses have been forced to revise controversial plans to slash ticket office opening hours. First Capital Connect (FCC) had mooted cuts at 28 of its stations
RAIL bosses have been forced to revise controversial plans to slash ticket office opening hours.
First Capital Connect (FCC) had mooted cuts at 28 of its stations, including Welwyn North, WGC, Knebworth, Cuffley and Brookmans Park.
The proposals met with stubborn resistance from politicians, commuters and rail unions alike.
And now, following discussions with rail watchdogs Passenger Focus and London TravelWatch, as well as "other key stakeholders", the company has decided to amend its plans.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to FCC's announcement, MP Grant Shapps met with managing director Elaine Holt to press Welwyn Hatfield's case against ticket office cuts.
For the full story, follow the link below
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist