First Capital Connect changes plans to cut ticket office hours
RAIL bosses have been forced to revise controversial plans to slash ticket office opening hours. First Capital Connect (FCC) had mooted cuts at 28 of its stations
RAIL bosses have been forced to revise controversial plans to slash ticket office opening hours.
First Capital Connect (FCC) had mooted cuts at 28 of its stations, including Welwyn North, WGC, Knebworth, Cuffley and Brookmans Park.
The proposals met with stubborn resistance from politicians, commuters and rail unions alike.
And now, following discussions with rail watchdogs Passenger Focus and London TravelWatch, as well as "other key stakeholders", the company has decided to amend its plans.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to FCC's announcement, MP Grant Shapps met with managing director Elaine Holt to press Welwyn Hatfield's case against ticket office cuts.
For the full story, follow the link below
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?