Fireworks photographic competition tonight
BUDDING photographers of all ages are invited to get snapping at the fireworks event at Hatfield House tonight (Thursday).
An amazing competition, where the winners will see their picture reproduced in the WHT’s Times Magazine, displayed in Campus West and used for publicity for next year’s firework display, is being launched.
We’re not only looking for pictures of the amazing displays high in the sky but also pictures of your friends and family enjoying the evening.
The contest is being run by Welwyn Hatfield Council and backed by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, and is open to all amateur photographers.
Two age categories will be judged – under 16s, and 16 and above.
You may also want to watch:
Only one photograph can be entered per person, so choose your shot carefully, and the shortlisted snaps will be judged by mayor Kim Langley and WHT editor Terry Mitchinson.
The adult category winner will also win four tickets to a film of their choice at Campus West and the children’s winner will received four tickets to Rollercity.
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 7 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 8 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 9 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 10 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation
Entries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or posted to the mayor’s secretary, council offices, The Campus, WGC, AL8 6AE.