Fireworks photographic competition tonight
BUDDING photographers of all ages are invited to get snapping at the fireworks event at Hatfield House tonight (Thursday).
An amazing competition, where the winners will see their picture reproduced in the WHT’s Times Magazine, displayed in Campus West and used for publicity for next year’s firework display, is being launched.
We’re not only looking for pictures of the amazing displays high in the sky but also pictures of your friends and family enjoying the evening.
The contest is being run by Welwyn Hatfield Council and backed by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, and is open to all amateur photographers.
Two age categories will be judged – under 16s, and 16 and above.
You may also want to watch:
Only one photograph can be entered per person, so choose your shot carefully, and the shortlisted snaps will be judged by mayor Kim Langley and WHT editor Terry Mitchinson.
The adult category winner will also win four tickets to a film of their choice at Campus West and the children’s winner will received four tickets to Rollercity.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
Entries should be sent via email to email@example.com
Or posted to the mayor’s secretary, council offices, The Campus, WGC, AL8 6AE.