Firework displays in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertfordshire
GUY Fawkes Night is on Friday and a number of firework displays have been arranged around Welwyn Hatfield for the weekend.
Here’s a round-up of where and when fireworks will be exploding in the skies above Times Territory – and elsewhere in Hertfordshire – at official events.
* The biggest display of pyrotechnics in Welwyn Hatfield will take place at Hatfield House on Bonfire Night – Friday, November 5.
A huge bonfire will be lit by Lord Salisbury in Hatfield Park and Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson will be judging a Guy competition and throwing the winning Guy on the fire.
Gates open at 5pm, with the bonfire lit at 6.45pm. The fireworks starts at 8pm. Tickets are �3 for children, �5 for adults, �20 for up to five people in a car, and �25 for up to seven people in a people carrier.
You may also want to watch:
* WGC Football Club is also hosting a fireworks night at its Herns Lane ground the same evening, with gates opening at 6.30pm.
Tickets cost �3 for adults and �1.50 for children, while family tickets (for two adults and two under-16s) are �6.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
* Over in Welwyn, the village tennis club will be serving up its popular firework display on Friday, November 5.
Entry to the Ottway Walk event is by hog dog – EU rules stipulate the club can’t charge entry but they hope spectators will buy a hot dog to pay for the fireworks! The action starts at 7.30pm.
* A display jointly organised by the Brookmans Park Rotary Club and Little Heath School PTA will take place on Saturday night.
The fireworks display on November 6 is the largest in Potters Bar and takes place at the primary school in School Road.
Gates open at 6pm with the bonfire lit at 6.45pm. The fireworks start 7.30pm. Tickets on the gate are �6 for adults and �3 for children. Advanced tickets, discounted by 50p each, can be purchased by calling the ticket hotline on 01707 652304.
* The annual Verulamium fireworks spectacular will also take place in St Albans on Saturday evening, with more than 20,000 people expected to turn out for the charity event.
A truly explosive evening is promised in Verulamium Park, with the fireworks starting from 7.30pm. Tickets cost �5.
* Former EastEnders actress Gillian Taylforth will be lighting the bonfire along with Broxbourne mayor Mark Mills-Bishop at the Borough of Broxbourne Festival of Fireworks.
This year’s event will take place on Sunday, November 7 in Cheshunt Park, Cheshunt.
Gates open at 4.30pm with fireworks from 6pm and there will also be funfair rides for children of all ages until 8.30pm.
Free parking will be available at the nearby Brookfield Shopping Centre from 4pm. Single tickets cost �4 in advance (�6 on the night), group bookings cost �14 in advance (for four people, �20 on the night).
* Stevenage’s largest fireworks spectacular of 2010 will be held at Fairlands Valley Park on Friday, November 5.
The Bonfire Night display starts around 7.30pm and entrance is free.
The event is open to the public from 6pm, and spectators are advised to arrive early or walk to the event as the area can get very congested. Free parking is provided within Fairlands Valley Park and at the Showground site, entrance off Six Hills Way.
* The 9th Harpenden Scout Group firework display and bonfire is set for Saturday night.
Taking place at Harpenden Scout Club, gates open at 6.45pm. Tickets cost �5 for adults and �4 for children but are limited.
* The Herts FA County Ground will stage the 26th year of the Letchworth Garden City and Baldock Lions Club’s annual display on Sunday.
Doors open from 5.30pm for a 7pm start, with advance tickets costing �3.50. With a capacity of 3,000, pre-booking is advised.
* Harpenden RFC will host its annual fireworks extravaganza at Redbourn Lane on Sunday.
Gates open at 3pm with the rugby club’s fundraising firework display starting at 6pm. A family ticket for two adults and up to six children costs �20. Adult tickets cost �8 and it is �5 for children.
* Butterfly World at Chiswell Green, near St Albans, will stage Fireworks Fantasia on Sunday night.
The Miriam Lane venue promises fireworks set to music with great viewing across the beautiful gardens. The event will also include a hog roast, lantern launch, mulled wine, gifts and novelties.
Gates open at 5.30pm with adult tickets costing �6, children �4, and a family ticket �18 (for up to three children).
* The Rotary Clubs of Amwell, Hertford Shires and Ware will be staging the annual Ware fireworks display on Saturday at High Oak Road.
Now in its 39th year, gates open at 5.30pm. The bonfire will be lit around 6.30pm and the fireworks will shoot into the sky from around 7pm. Entrance costs �4 for adults, �2 for children under 14, and �10 for a family of four (two adults and two children).