Fireman Sam and Peppa Pig at special party for youngsters
CHILDREN’S favourites Fireman Sam and Peppa Pig were the special guests at a party for some extra-special youngsters.
More than 100 children cared for at the special care baby units at the QE2 and Lister Hospitals met the larger-than-life characters at the reunion, held at Knebworth School.
The event, organised jointly by hospital staff and parents of former patients, raised more than �4,000 for the neonatal units and was attended by around 500 people.
One of those was Louise Caslake, mum of four-year old Thomas (pictured front row, first from left).
She said: “It was lovely seeing some of our favourite nurses and doctors, and we really appreciated all the hard work and organisation that had gone into the party.
You may also want to watch:
“There were loads of great activities, but seeing Fireman Sam made Tom’s day”
Meanwhile, Peta Sales, mum of eight-year old twins Oliver (pictured front row, second left) and Alfie added: “Oliver adores Peppa Pig so it was fantastic for him to meet her.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“But it also meant so much see the special care baby unit nurses again; my twins are only here now due to all their commitment and dedication.”
Also attending were neonatal consultant, Dr Jonathan Kefas (pictured between Peppa Pig and Fireman Sam) and Del Brown, lead nurse, (pictured back row second left), as well as more than 20 other staff members.
Camilla Hamilton, one of the parent organisers (back row, first left) said: “This is the first time a reunion had been organised on this scale and we were amazed at its success.
“We owe great thanks to Little Possum Parties for bringing along Peppa and Sam, and also to many others – including Knebworth School, Stevenage District Scouts, St John Ambulance and all the helpers on the day.
“So many people have said how much they enjoyed they party and so we will definitely be looking to hold a similar event in the future.”
If you want to get involved next time, or any families wanting to attend, email Camilla at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 482799.