Firefighters tackle chip pan blaze in Potters Bar

PUBLISHED: 06:20 27 October 2011

Fire

Fire

Archant

A CHIP pan fire saw a kitchen go up in flames on Monday.

Firefighters raced to the house in Mutton Lane, Potters Bar, just before 8pm.

The crews, from Potters Bar and Hatfield, tackled the flames inside 15 minutes.

They then spent time carrying out a “quick strike” – knocking on neighbours’ doors to give fire safety advice and free smoke alarms to those who needed them.

* Fire crews from Potters Bar, Borehamwood, Hatfield and St Albans tackled a blaze in a ground-floor and first-floor flat in High Street, Potters Bar, at 3.30am on Monday.

No-one was injured in the incident.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times