Firefighters help Welwyn Garden City girl's Disney dream
MORE than �2,000 was raised to help send a little girl on the trip of a lifetime. Firefighters and volunteers armed with hoses and soapy sponges cleaned hundreds of cars to raise funds for eight-year-old Charlie Hall. The WGC girl has Rett Syndrome and
MORE than �2,000 was raised to help send a little girl on the trip of a lifetime.
Firefighters and volunteers armed with hoses and soapy sponges cleaned hundreds of cars to raise funds for eight-year-old Charlie Hall.
The WGC girl has Rett Syndrome and her family want to take her to Disneyland Paris before a vital operation which will mean she is no longer able to go on rides.
The firefighters from the Bridge Road East station organised the fundraising drive on Saturday and have helped take Charlie through the halfway mark on her fundraising quest.
You may also want to watch:
Mum Laura said: "We had people queuing from the moment we opened.
"A big thank you to everybody, Charlie really enjoyed the day too."
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
Charlie's next fundraising event is a sponsored family walk on April 26. To get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org