Firefighters help save boy, 11, in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a young cyclist who fell off his bike and became trapped at the bottom of an embankment. A fire crew was called to assist paramedics at The Ryde School in Pleasant Rise, Hatfield, after an 11-year-old boy fell off his BMX yeste
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a young cyclist who fell off his bike and became trapped at the bottom of an embankment.
A fire crew was called to assist paramedics at The Ryde School in Pleasant Rise, Hatfield, after an 11-year-old boy fell off his BMX yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
With ambulance crews unable to reach him at the bottom of the embankment, a unit from Hatfield fire station was sent to help out.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service, said: "We were called to The Ryde School at 5.08pm to a male child aged 11 years who had fallen off his pushbike. We believe he was attempting to ride up the embankment when he fell off his bike and landed awkwardly.
"Due to this, the fire service was asked to assist in his safe removal to the ambulance. "Following stabilisation and treatment by paramedics, he was taken to the QE2 hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman