Firefighters help save boy, 11, in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a young cyclist who fell off his bike and became trapped at the bottom of an embankment. A fire crew was called to assist paramedics at The Ryde School in Pleasant Rise, Hatfield, after an 11-year-old boy fell off his BMX yeste
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a young cyclist who fell off his bike and became trapped at the bottom of an embankment.
A fire crew was called to assist paramedics at The Ryde School in Pleasant Rise, Hatfield, after an 11-year-old boy fell off his BMX yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
With ambulance crews unable to reach him at the bottom of the embankment, a unit from Hatfield fire station was sent to help out.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service, said: "We were called to The Ryde School at 5.08pm to a male child aged 11 years who had fallen off his pushbike. We believe he was attempting to ride up the embankment when he fell off his bike and landed awkwardly.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to this, the fire service was asked to assist in his safe removal to the ambulance. "Following stabilisation and treatment by paramedics, he was taken to the QE2 hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off