Firefighters help save boy, 11, in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a young cyclist who fell off his bike and became trapped at the bottom of an embankment. A fire crew was called to assist paramedics at The Ryde School in Pleasant Rise, Hatfield, after an 11-year-old boy fell off his BMX yeste
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a young cyclist who fell off his bike and became trapped at the bottom of an embankment.
A fire crew was called to assist paramedics at The Ryde School in Pleasant Rise, Hatfield, after an 11-year-old boy fell off his BMX yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
With ambulance crews unable to reach him at the bottom of the embankment, a unit from Hatfield fire station was sent to help out.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service, said: "We were called to The Ryde School at 5.08pm to a male child aged 11 years who had fallen off his pushbike. We believe he was attempting to ride up the embankment when he fell off his bike and landed awkwardly.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to this, the fire service was asked to assist in his safe removal to the ambulance. "Following stabilisation and treatment by paramedics, he was taken to the QE2 hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire