Fire probe as smoke alarms fail in Hatfield blaze
A FIRE investigation has been launched probing as to why a block of flats’ smoke alarms did not sound when a fire broke out in a children’s nursery a few floors below.
The alarms failed to sound in the Parkhouse Court flats after the blaze took hold in the ground-floor Rainbow House Nursery in Hatfield, at 9.35am on Friday.
More than 75 youngsters at the nursery, whose alarms did sound, were promptly evacuated.
However, residents living above told this morning’s (Wednesday’s) Welwyn Hatfield Times how they were only aware when they heard the commotion outside.
A Herts fire spokeswoman added investigations as to why the alarms failed are on-going.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story buy today’s WHT.
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement