Fire crews rescue dog stranded in middle of lake
FIREFIGHTERS had to walk on water – literally – to rescue a dog stuck in the middle of a lake.
The mutt had found himself stranded in a pond near Tewin Bury Farm, just outside WGC.
After the alarm was raised, at 11am on Sunday, fire crews from WGC and the rescue support unit from Hatfield attended the scene.
Steve Duncan, watch manager at Hatfield, said firefighters had to use 10-metre inflatable paths to get across the lake to the dog.
“We can walk across water on those things,” he said. “The lake was partly frozen, with reeds and mud flats. The dog had got out there somehow – I don’t quite know how.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Duncan added once the dog had been rescued, he was handed over to RSPCA officers to try and trace his owner.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM