Fire at town house

PUBLISHED: 12:02 21 April 2008 | UPDATED: 21:14 26 October 2009

NEIGHBOURS alerted the fire brigade after seeing smoke pouring from the top floor window of a three storey town house in Hatfield. The owners of the house in Wood Common had gone out and left a pan on the

NEIGHBOURS alerted the fire brigade after seeing smoke pouring from the top floor window of a three storey town house in Hatfield.

The owners of the house in Wood Common had gone out and left a pan on the cooker on Saturday afternoon.

Two crews from Hatfield and WGC fire stations attended the scene just after 2pm and cleared smoke.

No one was injured in the incident.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times