Fire at the University of Hertfordshire’s student accommodation

PUBLISHED: 09:29 13 April 2016 | UPDATED: 09:29 13 April 2016

Fire services attended a fire at the University of Hertfordshire's student accomodation

Fire services attended a fire at the University of Hertfordshire's student accomodation

Archant

There was a fire at the University of Hertfordshire’s student accommodation last night.

Fire services were called to Sarratt House on Mosquito Way at 7.53pm, and dealt with a kitchen blaze on the fourth floor of the building.

Two crews, one from St Albans and the other from Hatfield, used two breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a covering jet to extinguish the fire in just under an hour.

The fire was listed as accidental and nobody was injured.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times