'Excellent work' saves horse which had fallen into ditch
- Credit: Wayne Gibbons
A horse has been saved near Welham Green after falling in a ditch close to Hatfield House's grounds.
Yesterday at around 1.45pm, crews from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue attended Wildhill Road.
The teams were from Hatfield and Potters Bar, who found the horse stuck in a ditch but unharmed.
From the pictures, you can see the horse was found on its side.
The fire and rescue service used a quick-release strap system, a type of rescue equipment, as well as one rough terrain forklift telehandler to get the animal to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The horse was lifted out of the ditch with no injury.
Wayne Gibbon, station commander for Hertford, Ware and Buntingford, who also attended, said on Twitter: "Excellent work by all involved!"
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
The horse can also be seen standing up after the rescue team saved it from being in distress.
More on Herts Fire and Rescue can be found here hertfordshire.gov.uk/services/fire-and-rescue.