'Excellent work' saves horse which had fallen into ditch
- Credit: Wayne Gibbons
A horse has been saved near Welham Green after falling in a ditch close to Hatfield House's grounds.
Yesterday at around 1.45pm, crews from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue attended Wildhill Road.
The teams were from Hatfield and Potters Bar, who found the horse stuck in a ditch but unharmed.
From the pictures, you can see the horse was found on its side.
The fire and rescue service used a quick-release strap system, a type of rescue equipment, as well as one rough terrain forklift telehandler to get the animal to safety.
The horse was lifted out of the ditch with no injury.
Wayne Gibbon, station commander for Hertford, Ware and Buntingford, who also attended, said on Twitter: "Excellent work by all involved!"
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 10 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
The horse can also be seen standing up after the rescue team saved it from being in distress.
More on Herts Fire and Rescue can be found here hertfordshire.gov.uk/services/fire-and-rescue.