'Excellent work' saves horse which had fallen into ditch
- Credit: Wayne Gibbons
A horse has been saved near Welham Green after falling in a ditch close to Hatfield House's grounds.
Yesterday at around 1.45pm, crews from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue attended Wildhill Road.
The teams were from Hatfield and Potters Bar, who found the horse stuck in a ditch but unharmed.
From the pictures, you can see the horse was found on its side.
The fire and rescue service used a quick-release strap system, a type of rescue equipment, as well as one rough terrain forklift telehandler to get the animal to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The horse was lifted out of the ditch with no injury.
Wayne Gibbon, station commander for Hertford, Ware and Buntingford, who also attended, said on Twitter: "Excellent work by all involved!"
- 1 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
- 2 'Cruel joke' played on residents waiting for pothole repairs
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Man faces sentencing after trying to rip face mask off woman in Asda
- 5 How many people have been vaccinated in your neighbourhood?
- 6 Police pinpoint football clubs after teenagers caught throwing eggs
- 7 Competition winner captures town's untouched beauty spot
- 8 Teachers surprised by pupils thanking them for hard work
- 9 Pay-as-you-feel hub set up for food destined for landfill
- 10 Police called after 100 people show up to funeral
The horse can also be seen standing up after the rescue team saved it from being in distress.
More on Herts Fire and Rescue can be found here hertfordshire.gov.uk/services/fire-and-rescue.