'Excellent work' saves horse which had fallen into ditch
- Credit: Wayne Gibbons
A horse has been saved near Welham Green after falling in a ditch close to Hatfield House's grounds.
Yesterday at around 1.45pm, crews from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue attended Wildhill Road.
The teams were from Hatfield and Potters Bar, who found the horse stuck in a ditch but unharmed.
From the pictures, you can see the horse was found on its side.
The fire and rescue service used a quick-release strap system, a type of rescue equipment, as well as one rough terrain forklift telehandler to get the animal to safety.
The horse was lifted out of the ditch with no injury.
Wayne Gibbon, station commander for Hertford, Ware and Buntingford, who also attended, said on Twitter: "Excellent work by all involved!"
- 1 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 2 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 3 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
- 4 How the hot summer weather is affecting parched Panshanger Park
- 5 Mitchell 'caught out' by poor Welwyn showing against Walthamstow
- 6 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 7 Sammy Moore delighted with an opening win after Potters Bar survive goalkeeping drama
- 8 Keeper drama survived as Potters Bar Town claim opening day win
- 9 Concert promoters Heritage Live planning Hatfield House shows in 2023
- 10 Amanda Owen to host 'An Evening with the Yorkshire Shepherdess' for Isabel Hospice
The horse can also be seen standing up after the rescue team saved it from being in distress.
More on Herts Fire and Rescue can be found here hertfordshire.gov.uk/services/fire-and-rescue.