Fine wine and cusine at Michelin-starred restaurant
HERTFORDSHIRE’S only Michelin-starred restaurant is holding an evening of fine wine and cuisine next week.
Auberge du Lac, situated on the Brocket Hall estate, is teaming up with one of Italy�s leading wine producers to stage the event on 22nd September.
The restaurant, which is famed not only for its haute cuisine but also for its exceptional wine cellar of 750 bins, will combine a four course culinary extravaganza twining the finest Italian cuisine created by executive chef Phil Thompson with wines from Tuscany and Umbria supplied by the internationally-acclaimed Villa Antinori.
The Antinori family has been making wines for over six-hundred years, spanning 26 generations and is considered to be one of the leading Italian producers of fine quality wines having garnered numerous industry awards. Wine production takes place at the family’s estates in Tuscany and Umbria.
Auberge du Lac�s chef sommelier, Laurent Tavernier, who has worked at the best Michelin-starred establishments in the world, including the Waterside, Le Moulin de Mougins in Mougins and La Palme d�Or at the Hotel Martinez in Cannes is responsible for bringing the two parties together to create an evening designed to please connoisseurs and gastronomes alike.
You may also want to watch:
Laurent Tavernier says: “The Antinori family has proven that it is possible to produce internationally-acclaimed fine, stylish and innovative wines in Tuscany and Umbria while maintaining their original character and ancient roots. We have harnessed some of the best wines that they produce to match with our specially created Italian menu. We hope it will prove popular.”
And for those who would like a taste of the Auberge experience, a special fixed priced dinner menu is being introduced on September 6th. Called the Mid Week Treat, the 3 course menu and canap�s is available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings for just �39.50. To qualify, quote Mid Week Treat when making your booking at Auberge du Lac on 01707 368888.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM