Finalists gear up for Forum talent show
IT'S the big day for some of Times Territory's best unsung and unsigned acts, as they take to the stage in the final of The Forum's Got Talent. To celebrate the opening of the University of Hertfordshire s
IT'S the big day for some of Times Territory's best unsung and unsigned acts, as they take to the stage in the final of The Forum's Got Talent.
To celebrate the opening of the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m, state-of-the-art entertainment venue, The Forum's Got Talent showcases some of Hertfordshire's most unique, diverse and downright brilliant performers, with singers, dancers, rappers and comedians all making it through to the final. All 10 will now hope to wow the judges, and get there hands on First Prize; a cheque for �1,000 and an appearance at The Forum later in the year.
The lucky finalists will share the stage with Britain's got talent winners Diversity, who will be performing at the event.
Auditions for the final were held yesterday (Saturday), with over 50 acts performing in front of the judging panel made up of Professor Peter Lovett, from the University of Hertfordshire, Student's Union vice president Dawn Hamlet, and Welwyn & Hatfield Times reporter Ross Logan.
You may also want to watch:
"All three of us were surprised at the quality of some of the auditions," said Ross. "Getting it down to just 10 wasn't easy, and there were quite a few that we had to drop that we really didn't want to.
"But it's a very mixed bag that got through to the final, and we're looking forward to seeing them all up on stage again today."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
The Forum's Got Talent starts at 3pm, in The Forum auditorium. Tickets to the show cost �2.50.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):
Alterego (dance group)
Ben Ben (Diablo juggler)
Christina Hoey (singer)
Dare Emmanuel (comedian)
Double Trouble (dance duo)
Em n Ell (musical theatre)
Evangeline Jegede (spoken word)
Hannah Oyewole (a capella singer)
Pure Flowz (hip hop group)
Stacey Brown (singer)