Finalists gear up for Forum talent show
IT'S the big day for some of Times Territory's best unsung and unsigned acts, as they take to the stage in the final of The Forum's Got Talent. To celebrate the opening of the University of Hertfordshire s
IT'S the big day for some of Times Territory's best unsung and unsigned acts, as they take to the stage in the final of The Forum's Got Talent.
To celebrate the opening of the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m, state-of-the-art entertainment venue, The Forum's Got Talent showcases some of Hertfordshire's most unique, diverse and downright brilliant performers, with singers, dancers, rappers and comedians all making it through to the final. All 10 will now hope to wow the judges, and get there hands on First Prize; a cheque for �1,000 and an appearance at The Forum later in the year.
The lucky finalists will share the stage with Britain's got talent winners Diversity, who will be performing at the event.
Auditions for the final were held yesterday (Saturday), with over 50 acts performing in front of the judging panel made up of Professor Peter Lovett, from the University of Hertfordshire, Student's Union vice president Dawn Hamlet, and Welwyn & Hatfield Times reporter Ross Logan.
You may also want to watch:
"All three of us were surprised at the quality of some of the auditions," said Ross. "Getting it down to just 10 wasn't easy, and there were quite a few that we had to drop that we really didn't want to.
"But it's a very mixed bag that got through to the final, and we're looking forward to seeing them all up on stage again today."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
The Forum's Got Talent starts at 3pm, in The Forum auditorium. Tickets to the show cost �2.50.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):
Alterego (dance group)
Ben Ben (Diablo juggler)
Christina Hoey (singer)
Dare Emmanuel (comedian)
Double Trouble (dance duo)
Em n Ell (musical theatre)
Evangeline Jegede (spoken word)
Hannah Oyewole (a capella singer)
Pure Flowz (hip hop group)
Stacey Brown (singer)