Final call for Welwyn Hatfield Rotary walk
MORE than 300 ramblers are expected to take part in the 2010 Rotary Walk on Sunday.
The event, now in its 13th year, kicks off in the car park of Campus West, WGC, at 9am and takes in a picturesque route of either five or 11 miles through the Ayots and the Lea Valley.
The walk – organised by the Rotary Clubs of Hatfield and WGC – costs �5 to enter in advance or �10 if you turn up on the day.
Among the walkers will be WHT editor Terry Mitchinson, who is again on the hunt for sponsors!
John Hopley, the president of the Rotary Club of Hatfield, said: “It is a nice easy walk – the short walk especially.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very pleasant and winds through really nice, rolling countryside.”
Participants are urged to collect as much sponsorship as possible and the amount raised by each walker will then be split with 75 per cent going to the charity of their choice and the remaining 25 per cent going to Rotary causes.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
Since the walk began, a total of �230,000 has been raised for a number of good causes in Welwyn Hatfield and beyond.
Entry forms can be picked up at the WHT’s offices in Howardsgate or obtained by emailing email@example.com