Festive safety advice at Welwyn Garden City supermarket
KEEPING your home safe over Christmas will be the focus of a special community information day today (Thursday).
Members of Welwyn Hatfield Community Safety Partnership (CSP) will be on hand outside Morrisons in Black Fan Road, WGC, giving advice on crime prevention and tips on personal safety.
CSP Christmas cards highlighting advice on the best ways to have a safe and fun festive season will also be dished out to shoppers.
Councillor Clare Berry, CSP chairman, said: “It’s easy to get caught up in the season’s festivities and forget simple safety precautions, but it’s often the most important time to remember them.
“Whether it’s ensuring you have spare batteries for new toys instead of taking them out of smoke alarms, or being sensible with alcohol, this event is a timely reminder to keep you and your family safe.”
You may also want to watch:
The CSP representatives will be outside the supermarket between 10am and 2pm.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing