Festive safety advice at Welwyn Garden City supermarket
KEEPING your home safe over Christmas will be the focus of a special community information day today (Thursday).
Members of Welwyn Hatfield Community Safety Partnership (CSP) will be on hand outside Morrisons in Black Fan Road, WGC, giving advice on crime prevention and tips on personal safety.
CSP Christmas cards highlighting advice on the best ways to have a safe and fun festive season will also be dished out to shoppers.
Councillor Clare Berry, CSP chairman, said: “It’s easy to get caught up in the season’s festivities and forget simple safety precautions, but it’s often the most important time to remember them.
“Whether it’s ensuring you have spare batteries for new toys instead of taking them out of smoke alarms, or being sensible with alcohol, this event is a timely reminder to keep you and your family safe.”
You may also want to watch:
The CSP representatives will be outside the supermarket between 10am and 2pm.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure