Feeder added to Sonisphere Festival line-up at Knebworth
FEEDER have been added to the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer. The Welsh indie-rockers were added to the line-up last night. Also confirmed for the two-day camping event at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2 were
FEEDER have been added to the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer.
The Welsh indie-rockers were added to the line-up late last night.
Also confirmed for the two-day camping event at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2 are ragga-punks Skindred, singer/songwriter Frank Turner and American group Taking Back Sunday.
Feeder frontman Grant Nicholas is looking forward to performing at Knebworth.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It's great to be playing at Sonisphere.
"I saw some great bands play at Knebworth when I was younger.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
"It is an amazing venue and has hosted some of the most amazing shows over the years.
"It will be our only UK festival appearance this year as we are busy working on the next Feeder album, so we will be rocking as hard as ever."
Feeder have had 20 UK top 40 singles and are most famous for songs such as 'Buck Rogers' and 'Come Back Around'.
They are no strangers to playing in Hertfordshire after headlining the Redbourn Festival two years ago.
Metal gods Metallica will headline the closing day of the inaugural UK leg of the touring Sonisphere Festival, with Linkin Park topping the bill on the Saturday night.
Also playing are Nine Inch Nails, Bullet for My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold.
The latest announcement isn’t the “major” additions to the line-up promised after Easter though.
That will now take place next week, when the sub-headliners for Linkin Park will be revealed.
A Sonisphere statement said: "Still in the workings though for next week is the major announcement we were talking about last week."
Among those still rumoured for Knebworth are Megadeth, Disturbed, Primal Scream and Irish rock outfit The Answer, who have been supporting AC/DC on their latest tour.
In another move, Sonisphere organisers have scrapped concessionary ticket rates and kids will be allowed in for free.
Entry to the festival will now be free of charge for under 12s.
Parents should purchase their tickets through the normal channels and then take their child with them to the box office on arrival at Sonisphere to be issued with a wristband.
Proof of age will be required.