Fears for future of new Hatfield shopping centre
FEARS have been raised for the future viability of a new shopping centre. The WHT has learned Lloyds Pharmacy, in Hatfield Business Park's Comet Square, will close at the end of February – just a year after it opened. A spokeswoman for the company said:
FEARS have been raised for the future viability of a new shopping centre.
The WHT has learned Lloyds Pharmacy, in Hatfield Business Park's Comet Square, will close at the end of February - just a year after it opened.
A spokeswoman for the company said: "Unfortunately the store is not commercially viable (enough) to remain open."
And Harminder Singh, who runs nearby aesthetics dentistry, is worried more businesses in the precinct could soon follow suit.
Mr Singh, 36, told the WHT: "Along with a number of retail units we are struggling to attract people to the area.
"It is hard to find and not well signposted."
- 1 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 2 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 3 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
- 4 How the hot summer weather is affecting parched Panshanger Park
- 5 Mitchell 'caught out' by poor Welwyn showing against Walthamstow
- 6 Sammy Moore delighted with an opening win after Potters Bar survive goalkeeping drama
- 7 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 8 Keeper drama survived as Potters Bar Town claim opening day win
- 9 Concert promoters Heritage Live planning Hatfield House shows in 2023
- 10 Amanda Owen to host 'An Evening with the Yorkshire Shepherdess' for Isabel Hospice
For the full story, come back to www.whtimes24.co.uk later today.