Fears for future of new Hatfield shopping centre
FEARS have been raised for the future viability of a new shopping centre. The WHT has learned Lloyds Pharmacy, in Hatfield Business Park's Comet Square, will close at the end of February – just a year after it opened. A spokeswoman for the company said:
FEARS have been raised for the future viability of a new shopping centre.
The WHT has learned Lloyds Pharmacy, in Hatfield Business Park's Comet Square, will close at the end of February - just a year after it opened.
A spokeswoman for the company said: "Unfortunately the store is not commercially viable (enough) to remain open."
And Harminder Singh, who runs nearby aesthetics dentistry, is worried more businesses in the precinct could soon follow suit.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Singh, 36, told the WHT: "Along with a number of retail units we are struggling to attract people to the area.
"It is hard to find and not well signposted."
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
For the full story, come back to www.whtimes24.co.uk later today.