Fears as band pulls out of Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
ONE of the main stage bands set for this summer's inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House have pulled out of the rock event. American metal group
ONE of the main stage bands set for this summer's inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House have pulled out.
Fear Factory have cancelled their appearance as support for Linkin Park on the first day at Knebworth on August 1.
The American heavy metal group, who were reuniting for their UK return at Sonisphere, cite recording commitments for their decision to scrap all forthcoming European dates.
No replacement has been announced yet.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from festival organisers said: "Fear Factory have sadly had to pull out of all of their summer gigs, including Sonishphere's UK date at Knebworth.
"In a statement from Burton C Bell and Dino Cazares, they apologise saying that they are postponing the dates to concentrate on finalising and the writing and recording of their new album."
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
Fear Factory are the third main stage act to pull out of Sonisphere.
The Sword are no longer playing on the Metallica day, August 2, while Frank Turner has decided to play the Reading and Leeds festival instead of the Hertfordshire stately home.
There are also now doubts about Saturday sub-headliners Heaven & Hell, the group comprising members of Black Sabbath.
They couldn't play in Spain on Sunday night due to guitarist and metal legend Tony Iommi being unable to perform.
The first European leg of Sonisphere fronted by Metallica took place in Holland over the weekend.
The touring festival arrives at Knebworth on August 1-2 with the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Anthrax, Feeder, Alice In Chains, Coheed and Cambria, Bullet for My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold joining headliners Linkin Park and rock gods Metallica.