Father Christmas set for early appearance in Welwyn Garden City
WITH just over a month to go before his busiest day of the year, Father Christmas will be paying an early visit to WGC when he spends time at a Christmas fair at the town’s Free Church tomorrow (Saturday).
The event, raising money for Isabel Hospice and the Free Church Refurbishment Fund, runs from 10.30am to 3pm at the church, in Church Road.
As well as an opportunity to talk to Santa in his grotto, there will be children’s entertainment and activities including Smartie Artie, face painting and an opportunity to paint a mug.
There will also be a wide range of stalls, including cards, crafts, garden items, books, toys and gifts.
Teas, coffees and homemade cakes will be served throughout the day, with lunch available from noon to 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Joyce Nicholson, church secretary, said: “Our Christmas fair has become an established part of the run up to Christmas, offering a great opportunity to begin getting into the festive spirit, and start the Christmas shopping.
“The Free Church is pleased to again be supporting Isabel Hospice as founder member Isabel Last was a member of our church, and other church members supported her in establishing the much valued local hospice.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Entry and a programme is �1.50 for adults, �1 for senior citizens and free for accompanied children.