Father and son take over Welwyn pub
REGULARS at the White Horse in Welwyn may have noticed a couple of familiar faces pulling the pints recently.
Because father and son team John and Adam Richardson have gone to the other side of the bar, as the pub’s new managers.
Having just completed their first week at the helm, Adam spoke to the Welwyn Hatfield Times about his plans for the Mill Lane establishment.
And the 21-year-old promised it would be business as usual.
“Why fix something that isn’t broken?” he explained.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a fantastic little pub, with support from some great customers.
“We’re not going to change anything dramatic, just a lick of paint, really.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
Both Adam and John know the White Horse very well. John has been a regular patron for years, while Adam worked as a barman there under the previous owners.
So what’s it like to finally be running your own local?
“There’s a lot to deal with, so I haven’t really had time to get excited about it,” Adam said.
“The hard work will be to reassure staff that they’re in safe hands, and to keep the pub open.”
So what can punters expect from the new regime?
“I’ll be taking care of the hands-on operation at the front of the house,” said Adam.
“So I’ll be getting behind the bar, and Dad’s going to take care of the business side.
“So far, it’s worked quite well.”
You can contact the White Horse on 01438 714366 for more information.