Fashion designing competition to take place in Welwyn Garden City
EVER dreamed of designing clothes worthy of dressing some of the biggest stars in the world? Well this month you could join the likes of Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger or Giorgio Armani.
EVER dreamed of designing clothes worthy of dressing some of the biggest stars in the world?
Well this month you could join the likes of Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger or Giorgio Armani.
That's because the Howard Centre, in WGC, is launching its annual fashion design competition.
And this year the little ones can get involved too, as the contest is open to those aged five plus.
Entries will be judged in three age groups - five-11 years, 12-16 years, and over-16s.
A winner will be chosen from each category, with extra points for originality and attention to detail being offered.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 4 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 5 Updated Simply Red set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 6 Jodie Williams defies injury-blighted season to claim Commonwealth bronze
- 7 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 8 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 9 Sign of the times: The life of Welwyn Garden City signwriter Arthur Brown
- 10 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
A professional fashion expert will be judging the efforts and the winner in each category will have their design made - and then paraded down the catwalk at fashion shows at the shopping centre on Saturday, May 30.
Shirley Harper, marketing manager at the Howard Centre, said: "There will be extra points for originality and attention to detail. Remember to include information of colours, fabrics, trims and fastenings in your design."
Entry forms are available from participating retailers or at the kiosk on the ground floor.
You can also download an entry form online at www.howard-centre.co.uk
Entries close at 5pm on Sunday.