Fashion designing competition to take place in Welwyn Garden City
EVER dreamed of designing clothes worthy of dressing some of the biggest stars in the world? Well this month you could join the likes of Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger or Giorgio Armani.
EVER dreamed of designing clothes worthy of dressing some of the biggest stars in the world?
Well this month you could join the likes of Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger or Giorgio Armani.
That's because the Howard Centre, in WGC, is launching its annual fashion design competition.
And this year the little ones can get involved too, as the contest is open to those aged five plus.
You may also want to watch:
Entries will be judged in three age groups - five-11 years, 12-16 years, and over-16s.
A winner will be chosen from each category, with extra points for originality and attention to detail being offered.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
A professional fashion expert will be judging the efforts and the winner in each category will have their design made - and then paraded down the catwalk at fashion shows at the shopping centre on Saturday, May 30.
Shirley Harper, marketing manager at the Howard Centre, said: "There will be extra points for originality and attention to detail. Remember to include information of colours, fabrics, trims and fastenings in your design."
Entry forms are available from participating retailers or at the kiosk on the ground floor.
You can also download an entry form online at www.howard-centre.co.uk
Entries close at 5pm on Sunday.