Fashion designing competition to take place in Welwyn Garden City
EVER dreamed of designing clothes worthy of dressing some of the biggest stars in the world? Well this month you could join the likes of Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger or Giorgio Armani.
EVER dreamed of designing clothes worthy of dressing some of the biggest stars in the world?
Well this month you could join the likes of Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger or Giorgio Armani.
That's because the Howard Centre, in WGC, is launching its annual fashion design competition.
And this year the little ones can get involved too, as the contest is open to those aged five plus.
You may also want to watch:
Entries will be judged in three age groups - five-11 years, 12-16 years, and over-16s.
A winner will be chosen from each category, with extra points for originality and attention to detail being offered.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
A professional fashion expert will be judging the efforts and the winner in each category will have their design made - and then paraded down the catwalk at fashion shows at the shopping centre on Saturday, May 30.
Shirley Harper, marketing manager at the Howard Centre, said: "There will be extra points for originality and attention to detail. Remember to include information of colours, fabrics, trims and fastenings in your design."
Entry forms are available from participating retailers or at the kiosk on the ground floor.
You can also download an entry form online at www.howard-centre.co.uk
Entries close at 5pm on Sunday.