Fantastic day with Chicharito, Rooney, Berbatov and Giggs thanks to Willow
MANCHESTER United’s latest starlet, Javier Hernandez, brought a smile to the face of a Reds fan who beat bowel cancer.
Stephen Parr met the in-form Mexican striker, whose ‘Chicharito’ moniker means ‘Little Pea’, along with teammates Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar, Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney, at United’s Carrington training ground in a trip organised by Old Hatfield based The Willow Foundation.
Stephen, 22, said: “The Willow Foundation were fantastic and I would like to thank them. The day itself was amazing, it was unbelievable.
“It was a real adrenaline rush.”
Stephen, who got the all-clear in December, joined 15 other fans who met the first team squad at a Manchester United Foundation ‘Dream Day’.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen, from Huntingdon, is a lifelong United fan, and couldn’t wait to meet the players after watching the team’s training session.
The Manchester United Foundation holds two or three Dream Days a season in association with ‘wish’ charities like Willow.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Charity relationship manager Wendy Rennison said: “It is always a very emotional but rewarding day.
“Sir Alex Ferguson and all the players make the most of Dream Days, they are very special days and they produce memories that will last a lifetime.”