Fans flock to see Katie Price in Welwyn Garden City
ONE Katie Price fan was quite literally in Paradise as she got to meet her idol all thanks to the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
The glamour model turned author was in town this weekend attending a book signing of her latest novel Paradise.
Lucky Welwyn Hatfield Times competition winner Bianca Ewer managed to bag herself front place of an extensive queue in The Howard Centre, which was packed with fans both buying her book and those desperate to catch a glimpse of one of the most talked about stars of the last decade.
The 16-year-old Sir Frederic Osborn student, who bore a striking resemblance to the star also know as Jordan, was taken to the front of the line which featured some fans that had been waiting for 13 hours to see their hero.
The Jonquil Close resident, who was dressed in Katie Price clothing and armed with a collection of her books said: “She is my idol, some people even call me a mini version of her. I couldn’t believe it when I won the competition but I’m so grateful.”
You may also want to watch:
Mum Boo was by her side as fans were kept waiting beyond the expected midday start. She said: “I know Bianca has always wanted to meet her and I was more nervous than she was.”
Fans at the shopping centre were also treated to a sight of new boyfriend Leandro Penna, who despite not being able to speak much English was still game to join in book signing for fans who asked.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
A spokeswoman for WH Smith, who hosted the event on Saturday, predicted sales of between 200-300 books which Katie decribed as “a success”.