Family pay tribute to Hatfield crash victim
THE family of a man killed in a road accident on Saturday have spoken for the first time about their loss. Sunanda Senanayake, 52, was driving to work early on Saturday morning along the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park. His silver Mercedes
THE family of a man killed in a road accident on Saturday have spoken for the first time about their loss.
Sunanda Senanayake, 52, was driving to work early on Saturday morning along the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park.
His silver Mercedes skidded in icy conditions and hit a tree. He died at the scene.
Today his wife, Audrey, paid tribute to her "best friend".
You may also want to watch:
"Sunanda was a devoted family man, caring husband, father and grandfather; he liked nothing more than spending time with us," she said.
Mr Senanayake lived in Broom Close, Hatfield with Audrey, his son and daughter-in-law, and three-month-old grandson.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
"He thoroughly enjoyed life and was known to always have a smile on his face. He was especially proud and devoted to his first grandchild, Ryan.""
He worked as a bus driver for Metroline in Potters Bar, and had received awards for his safe driving skills, his wife added.
"Sunanda will be very missed by his family, friends and work colleagues. He was my best friend as we shared and did everything together," she said.
"I still expect him to come through the door and can't believe this has happened. I miss him every minute of every day and will do for the rest of my life.