Family pay tribute to Hatfield crash victim
THE family of a man killed in a road accident on Saturday have spoken for the first time about their loss. Sunanda Senanayake, 52, was driving to work early on Saturday morning along the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park. His silver Mercedes
THE family of a man killed in a road accident on Saturday have spoken for the first time about their loss.
Sunanda Senanayake, 52, was driving to work early on Saturday morning along the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park.
His silver Mercedes skidded in icy conditions and hit a tree. He died at the scene.
Today his wife, Audrey, paid tribute to her "best friend".
"Sunanda was a devoted family man, caring husband, father and grandfather; he liked nothing more than spending time with us," she said.
Mr Senanayake lived in Broom Close, Hatfield with Audrey, his son and daughter-in-law, and three-month-old grandson.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 3 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Met Police officer denies sexually assaulting male colleague
- 10 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
"He thoroughly enjoyed life and was known to always have a smile on his face. He was especially proud and devoted to his first grandchild, Ryan.""
He worked as a bus driver for Metroline in Potters Bar, and had received awards for his safe driving skills, his wife added.
"Sunanda will be very missed by his family, friends and work colleagues. He was my best friend as we shared and did everything together," she said.
"I still expect him to come through the door and can't believe this has happened. I miss him every minute of every day and will do for the rest of my life.