Family pay tribute to Hatfield crash victim
THE family of a man killed in a road accident on Saturday have spoken for the first time about their loss. Sunanda Senanayake, 52, was driving to work early on Saturday morning along the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park. His silver Mercedes
THE family of a man killed in a road accident on Saturday have spoken for the first time about their loss.
Sunanda Senanayake, 52, was driving to work early on Saturday morning along the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park.
His silver Mercedes skidded in icy conditions and hit a tree. He died at the scene.
Today his wife, Audrey, paid tribute to her "best friend".
You may also want to watch:
"Sunanda was a devoted family man, caring husband, father and grandfather; he liked nothing more than spending time with us," she said.
Mr Senanayake lived in Broom Close, Hatfield with Audrey, his son and daughter-in-law, and three-month-old grandson.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
"He thoroughly enjoyed life and was known to always have a smile on his face. He was especially proud and devoted to his first grandchild, Ryan.""
He worked as a bus driver for Metroline in Potters Bar, and had received awards for his safe driving skills, his wife added.
"Sunanda will be very missed by his family, friends and work colleagues. He was my best friend as we shared and did everything together," she said.
"I still expect him to come through the door and can't believe this has happened. I miss him every minute of every day and will do for the rest of my life.