Family helped by the Welwyn Hatfield Times
A FAMILY left without hot water and heating have had their boiler replaced, thanks to the WHT.
Mum-of-two Keely Butler contacted this newspaper after being told by landlords Springboard Housing Association she would have to wait 10 days before an engineer could even come out.
The 31-year-old from Chambers Grove, WGC, was at the end of her tether as the problematic boiler had broken down only three weeks earlier and her children were suffering.
She said: “I need to bath my kids and keep them warm, this just isn’t fair on them.
“I can’t even give them a decent meal because I can’t wash up so we’ve been eating microwave meals.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve just had enough, Springboard just keep fobbing me off, but my babies are always ill.
“I’ve got no hot water, no heating, it’s a joke. I feel on edge all the time, I need to get this fixed.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
But after a call from the WHT, Keely with sons Alfie, seven, and Reiley, one, had their boiler replaced just two days later.
A spokesman for Springboard said: “We’ve been in regular contact with Keely regarding her boiler.
“We last fixed her boiler in late February but as she reported it was faulty this week, we have arranged with her to completely replace it with a brand new boiler.”
Miss Butler, who works part-time, said: “If it wasn’t for you getting involved I’d still be waiting, so thank you for helping us.
“We’re a happy little family again.”