Faith meeting in Welwyn Garden City
A DISCUSSION on Faith and its place in the Government’s vision for Britain is being held tonight (Thursday).
The annual public meeting of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group is being held in the Council Chamber in Campus West, WGC, this evening.
Titled Faith in the Big Society? the meeting will ask what part faith communities can play in David Cameron’s so-called Big Society – a drive for greater social responsibility and the empowerment of community groups.
Speakers include Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps, Rev Robert Beard of the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action, Jenny Kartupelis MBE, director of the East of England Faith Council and David Jonathan from Luton Council of Faiths.
The meeting, chaired by Barry Leith of the Faith-Based Regeneration Network, starts at 7.30pm and ends at 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free, but book advance by contacting Reynold Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07970 874824.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed