Facelift at Welwyn Garden City hospice
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding. The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen. It follows on from changes at the hospice s inpatient uni
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding.
The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen.
It follows on from changes at the hospice's inpatient unit, situated behind the QE2 Hospital in Howlands, where public areas were last year redesigned and decorated.
Nigel Furlong, director of finance and administration, said: "This work has not only upgraded the environment of care, but has also improved the way in which we are able to utilise the space."
You may also want to watch:
The work was made possible after two grants from the Department of Health's Dignity in Care for Older People programme.
Additional funding came from a number of charitable trusts and the hospice's reserves.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'