Facelift at Welwyn Garden City hospice
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding. The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen. It follows on from changes at the hospice s inpatient uni
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding.
The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen.
It follows on from changes at the hospice's inpatient unit, situated behind the QE2 Hospital in Howlands, where public areas were last year redesigned and decorated.
Nigel Furlong, director of finance and administration, said: "This work has not only upgraded the environment of care, but has also improved the way in which we are able to utilise the space."
You may also want to watch:
The work was made possible after two grants from the Department of Health's Dignity in Care for Older People programme.
Additional funding came from a number of charitable trusts and the hospice's reserves.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Hatfield United up and running in Herts County League cup after defeat of Hertford Heath