Facelift at Welwyn Garden City hospice
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding. The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen. It follows on from changes at the hospice s inpatient uni
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding.
The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen.
It follows on from changes at the hospice's inpatient unit, situated behind the QE2 Hospital in Howlands, where public areas were last year redesigned and decorated.
Nigel Furlong, director of finance and administration, said: "This work has not only upgraded the environment of care, but has also improved the way in which we are able to utilise the space."
You may also want to watch:
The work was made possible after two grants from the Department of Health's Dignity in Care for Older People programme.
Additional funding came from a number of charitable trusts and the hospice's reserves.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk