Facelift at Welwyn Garden City hospice
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding. The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen. It follows on from changes at the hospice s inpatient uni
A FACELIFT has been completed at Isabel Hospice, thanks to �350,000 of Government funding.
The revamp at the day hospice site in Hall Grove, WGC, includes a new conservatory and a refitted kitchen.
It follows on from changes at the hospice's inpatient unit, situated behind the QE2 Hospital in Howlands, where public areas were last year redesigned and decorated.
Nigel Furlong, director of finance and administration, said: "This work has not only upgraded the environment of care, but has also improved the way in which we are able to utilise the space."
You may also want to watch:
The work was made possible after two grants from the Department of Health's Dignity in Care for Older People programme.
Additional funding came from a number of charitable trusts and the hospice's reserves.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire