Facebook competition helps Hatfield student secure modelling fame
MANY young women dream of appearing in a national ad campaign for a top high street fashion label.
Rosie Hart is no such woman. Because for Rosie, it’s not a dream, it’s a reality.
After finishing in the top five of a competition hosted on social networking website Facebook, Rosie is one of 10 models appearing in the new denim advertising campaign for UK fashion giant Next.
The ads have already appeared in several fashion and gossip magazines, as well as in Next store windows and shopping bags.
And the 21-year-old University of Hertfordshire marketing student hopes it could lead to a few more modelling jobs, before she completes her course.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie, from Broad Acres, Hatfield, said: “The images have been in Heat, Ok!, Closer, Now, News of the World and The Times as well as being in store windows and on the bags.
“At the moment, there’s nothing much more in the pipelines for Next, but hopefully there will be.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
“Next asked all the top 10 to do a shoot for denim, and we’ve also done a catwalk show in Birmingham for their spring/summer collection so it’s all been a bit hectic!
“I’m not interested in making a career out of it or anything, but I loved every minute of it so I’d welcome any offer with open arms!”