Facebook competition helps Hatfield student secure modelling fame
MANY young women dream of appearing in a national ad campaign for a top high street fashion label.
Rosie Hart is no such woman. Because for Rosie, it’s not a dream, it’s a reality.
After finishing in the top five of a competition hosted on social networking website Facebook, Rosie is one of 10 models appearing in the new denim advertising campaign for UK fashion giant Next.
The ads have already appeared in several fashion and gossip magazines, as well as in Next store windows and shopping bags.
And the 21-year-old University of Hertfordshire marketing student hopes it could lead to a few more modelling jobs, before she completes her course.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie, from Broad Acres, Hatfield, said: “The images have been in Heat, Ok!, Closer, Now, News of the World and The Times as well as being in store windows and on the bags.
“At the moment, there’s nothing much more in the pipelines for Next, but hopefully there will be.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
“Next asked all the top 10 to do a shoot for denim, and we’ve also done a catwalk show in Birmingham for their spring/summer collection so it’s all been a bit hectic!
“I’m not interested in making a career out of it or anything, but I loved every minute of it so I’d welcome any offer with open arms!”