Facebook competition helps Hatfield student secure modelling fame
MANY young women dream of appearing in a national ad campaign for a top high street fashion label.
Rosie Hart is no such woman. Because for Rosie, it’s not a dream, it’s a reality.
After finishing in the top five of a competition hosted on social networking website Facebook, Rosie is one of 10 models appearing in the new denim advertising campaign for UK fashion giant Next.
The ads have already appeared in several fashion and gossip magazines, as well as in Next store windows and shopping bags.
And the 21-year-old University of Hertfordshire marketing student hopes it could lead to a few more modelling jobs, before she completes her course.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie, from Broad Acres, Hatfield, said: “The images have been in Heat, Ok!, Closer, Now, News of the World and The Times as well as being in store windows and on the bags.
“At the moment, there’s nothing much more in the pipelines for Next, but hopefully there will be.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
“Next asked all the top 10 to do a shoot for denim, and we’ve also done a catwalk show in Birmingham for their spring/summer collection so it’s all been a bit hectic!
“I’m not interested in making a career out of it or anything, but I loved every minute of it so I’d welcome any offer with open arms!”