Face of Jesus Christ seen in fire
WHEN Rob Millist lit a fire in the lounge of his Old Hatfield home as he set up for a party, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
But after a few minutes he was stunned to see the face of JESUS CHRIST staring back at him from the flames.
The defining features of a gaunt face are clearly visible in this snap he took on Friday night.
And Rob, a freelance video editor, reckons it bears the resemblance of the son of God.
The 29-year-old, of Church Street, said: “We were taken by surprise.
You may also want to watch:
“On the corner of one of the logs, the ash part was the face. You can see two eyes, a nose and moustache.”
“It’s very spooky, and very profound.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Rob is a member of the Welwyn Hatfield branch of Friends of the Earth, and is currently campaigning against an incinerator being built in the county.
He said: “Maybe Jesus is opposing incineration too!”
And Rob added friends and neighbours who had seen the fire, or his photos, were equally shocked.
“Everyone I’ve shown them to do not say anything. They just stare and their jaws drop open.”
One neighbour who witnessed the phenomenon for himself was Patrick Rodgers, of Fore Street.
The 51-year-old said: “I had only popped round to say hello because it was Rob’s partner’s birthday, and when I knocked on the door I heard them all screaming.
“I wondered what was going on, and they literally dragged me in to come and see the fire!”
He said: “It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to what I was looking at, but it’s totally clear.
“It’s only ash round the log, but it’s absolutely formed that classic iconic image.”