Face of Jesus Christ seen in fire
WHEN Rob Millist lit a fire in the lounge of his Old Hatfield home as he set up for a party, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
But after a few minutes he was stunned to see the face of JESUS CHRIST staring back at him from the flames.
The defining features of a gaunt face are clearly visible in this snap he took on Friday night.
And Rob, a freelance video editor, reckons it bears the resemblance of the son of God.
The 29-year-old, of Church Street, said: “We were taken by surprise.
You may also want to watch:
“On the corner of one of the logs, the ash part was the face. You can see two eyes, a nose and moustache.”
“It’s very spooky, and very profound.”
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
Rob is a member of the Welwyn Hatfield branch of Friends of the Earth, and is currently campaigning against an incinerator being built in the county.
He said: “Maybe Jesus is opposing incineration too!”
And Rob added friends and neighbours who had seen the fire, or his photos, were equally shocked.
“Everyone I’ve shown them to do not say anything. They just stare and their jaws drop open.”
One neighbour who witnessed the phenomenon for himself was Patrick Rodgers, of Fore Street.
The 51-year-old said: “I had only popped round to say hello because it was Rob’s partner’s birthday, and when I knocked on the door I heard them all screaming.
“I wondered what was going on, and they literally dragged me in to come and see the fire!”
He said: “It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to what I was looking at, but it’s totally clear.
“It’s only ash round the log, but it’s absolutely formed that classic iconic image.”