Face of Jesus Christ seen in fire
WHEN Rob Millist lit a fire in the lounge of his Old Hatfield home as he set up for a party, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
But after a few minutes he was stunned to see the face of JESUS CHRIST staring back at him from the flames.
The defining features of a gaunt face are clearly visible in this snap he took on Friday night.
And Rob, a freelance video editor, reckons it bears the resemblance of the son of God.
The 29-year-old, of Church Street, said: “We were taken by surprise.
You may also want to watch:
“On the corner of one of the logs, the ash part was the face. You can see two eyes, a nose and moustache.”
“It’s very spooky, and very profound.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 What time will the election results come in?
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
Rob is a member of the Welwyn Hatfield branch of Friends of the Earth, and is currently campaigning against an incinerator being built in the county.
He said: “Maybe Jesus is opposing incineration too!”
And Rob added friends and neighbours who had seen the fire, or his photos, were equally shocked.
“Everyone I’ve shown them to do not say anything. They just stare and their jaws drop open.”
One neighbour who witnessed the phenomenon for himself was Patrick Rodgers, of Fore Street.
The 51-year-old said: “I had only popped round to say hello because it was Rob’s partner’s birthday, and when I knocked on the door I heard them all screaming.
“I wondered what was going on, and they literally dragged me in to come and see the fire!”
He said: “It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to what I was looking at, but it’s totally clear.
“It’s only ash round the log, but it’s absolutely formed that classic iconic image.”