Fabulous fun day goes down a storm in Oakmere Park
MORE than 350 people attended a fun day in Potters Bar. The event, which was organised by Hertsmere Borough Council, took place in Oakmere Park in the half-term break and featured a range of activities, including football coaching sessions and a free magi
MORE than 350 people attended a fun day in Potters Bar.
The event, which was organised by Hertsmere Borough Council, took place in Oakmere Park in the half-term break and featured a range of activities, including football coaching sessions and a free magic show.
The fire service was also on hand to speak to both children and adults about fire issues.
A council spokeswoman smiled: "This always goes down well with small children as they are allowed to explore the fire engine!"
You may also want to watch:
Shaz Setoudeh, parks events and project officer, said: "It was a fantastic event made all the better by good weather.
"It offered families with children of all ages a fun day out and the majority of activities were free.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
"It was a new event which we organised with local extended schools coordinators and due to its success we will be looking to repeat it in the future."
A number of partners also helped out, including Arsenal FC, who provided a football coach for the day and the Countryside Management Service, which organised scavenger hunts for the youngsters.