Fabulous fun day goes down a storm in Oakmere Park
MORE than 350 people attended a fun day in Potters Bar. The event, which was organised by Hertsmere Borough Council, took place in Oakmere Park in the half-term break and featured a range of activities, including football coaching sessions and a free magi
MORE than 350 people attended a fun day in Potters Bar.
The event, which was organised by Hertsmere Borough Council, took place in Oakmere Park in the half-term break and featured a range of activities, including football coaching sessions and a free magic show.
The fire service was also on hand to speak to both children and adults about fire issues.
A council spokeswoman smiled: "This always goes down well with small children as they are allowed to explore the fire engine!"
You may also want to watch:
Shaz Setoudeh, parks events and project officer, said: "It was a fantastic event made all the better by good weather.
"It offered families with children of all ages a fun day out and the majority of activities were free.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
"It was a new event which we organised with local extended schools coordinators and due to its success we will be looking to repeat it in the future."
A number of partners also helped out, including Arsenal FC, who provided a football coach for the day and the Countryside Management Service, which organised scavenger hunts for the youngsters.