Fab result as Welwyn Garden City beat derby rivals Colney Heath
WELWYN Garden City took the derby spoils on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 victory at home to Colney Heath. Fabio Valenti started the ball rolling on the half hour when he sent a quickly taken free-kick some 25 yards out past Heath custodian Tom Blackman f
WELWYN Garden City took the derby spoils on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 victory at home to Colney Heath.
Fabio Valenti started the ball rolling on the half hour when he sent a quickly taken free-kick some 25 yards out past Heath custodian Tom Blackman for a fine individual goal.
And only 53 seconds into the second half, Valenti made it 2-0 to the Citizens with his second of the game.
He capitalised on poor defensive play from visiting defender Mark Teasdale in the box to fire past Blackman.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies came close only five minutes later when former City man Jake Parratt crashed a superbly-hit free-kick against the post.
Adam Wallace made the points safe in the 68th minute when he linked up well with Valenti to slot past an onrushing Blackman.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
The three points put Del Deanus' side in 13th spot in the Premier Division of the South Midlands League, level on points with the three teams directly above them.