Fab result as Welwyn Garden City beat derby rivals Colney Heath
WELWYN Garden City took the derby spoils on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 victory at home to Colney Heath. Fabio Valenti started the ball rolling on the half hour when he sent a quickly taken free-kick some 25 yards out past Heath custodian Tom Blackman f
WELWYN Garden City took the derby spoils on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 victory at home to Colney Heath.
Fabio Valenti started the ball rolling on the half hour when he sent a quickly taken free-kick some 25 yards out past Heath custodian Tom Blackman for a fine individual goal.
And only 53 seconds into the second half, Valenti made it 2-0 to the Citizens with his second of the game.
He capitalised on poor defensive play from visiting defender Mark Teasdale in the box to fire past Blackman.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies came close only five minutes later when former City man Jake Parratt crashed a superbly-hit free-kick against the post.
Adam Wallace made the points safe in the 68th minute when he linked up well with Valenti to slot past an onrushing Blackman.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
The three points put Del Deanus' side in 13th spot in the Premier Division of the South Midlands League, level on points with the three teams directly above them.