Fab result as Welwyn Garden City beat derby rivals Colney Heath
WELWYN Garden City took the derby spoils on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 victory at home to Colney Heath. Fabio Valenti started the ball rolling on the half hour when he sent a quickly taken free-kick some 25 yards out past Heath custodian Tom Blackman f
WELWYN Garden City took the derby spoils on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 victory at home to Colney Heath.
Fabio Valenti started the ball rolling on the half hour when he sent a quickly taken free-kick some 25 yards out past Heath custodian Tom Blackman for a fine individual goal.
And only 53 seconds into the second half, Valenti made it 2-0 to the Citizens with his second of the game.
He capitalised on poor defensive play from visiting defender Mark Teasdale in the box to fire past Blackman.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies came close only five minutes later when former City man Jake Parratt crashed a superbly-hit free-kick against the post.
Adam Wallace made the points safe in the 68th minute when he linked up well with Valenti to slot past an onrushing Blackman.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
The three points put Del Deanus' side in 13th spot in the Premier Division of the South Midlands League, level on points with the three teams directly above them.