F1 champion Hamilton has faith in McLaren team
WITH Formula 1 regulations on testing during the 2009 season set to be a lot more stringent, Herts speedster Lewis Hamilton remains supremely confident in his McLaren Mercedes team. Many garages have had to work that little bit harder in pre-season, and 2
WITH Formula 1 regulations on testing during the 2009 season set to be a lot more stringent, Herts speedster Lewis Hamilton remains supremely confident in his McLaren Mercedes team.
Many garages have had to work that little bit harder in pre-season, and 24-year-old Tewin driver Lewis believes his stable are on track as he gets set to defend his world championship.
"I think what is important is that because we have a completely new car, a completely new package, I have come back into the factory," said Lewis.
"And although I have been watching closely the development of the car, I am sitting down more with the engineers and it is a bit like the preparation I had for 2007.
You may also want to watch:
"I am understanding the differences in the suspension, KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) and all the safety aspects."
McLaren has of late been one of the more reliable set-ups on the F1 circuit, and Hamilton does not expect that to change.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
He added: "I have like only seven days in the car, and so we are going to make sure that we really extract the most from those days.
"Hopefully we don't have any reliability problems.
"We have been very, very fortunate in the past so I am confident the team have done a great job."
The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team continues its winter testing programme in Jerez, Spain, on February 10 as it continues to hone its MP4-24 car ahead of the start of the 2009 season.
Hamilton will start the defence of his world title in Australia at the end of March.