Events manager getting married... at Hatfield hotel where she works
IT won’t just be the bride suffering a few pre-nuptial nerves before her wedding – staff at a Hatfield hotel might get butterflies too, because it’s their boss they’re catering for.
Events manager Gemma Robinson has decided to hold her reception at her own place of work – the four-star Beales Hotel in Comet Way, Hatfield.
She will put her colleagues to the test on Saturday, July 9, when she weds fianc� Steve Holden and celebrates with a reception that she promises will have “a lot of surprises”.
Having spent 10 years in the hospitality business, Gemma has organised her fair share of weddings, and so when the time came for her to say “I do” she knew exactly how she wanted to do it.
“Having been involved in the planning of so many weddings I have been able to pick from the best ideas and avoid the pitfalls,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I had a week off work and literally sat at my laptop for seven days until I had booked, planned and arranged every detail.
“It was exhausting but now I can pretty much sit back and relax.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Which is surely more than can be said for her work colleagues – who as well as providing food, drinks and impeccable service, will also be putting up most of the guests, who have booked nearly all of the hotel’s 53 rooms.
Beales Hotel general manager Chris Hall said: “We always pride ourselves on giving the very best service and support to our brides, but the pressure is really on when your own events manager is the client!
“All the team here wish Gemma and Steve the very best and hope we can make their day even more perfect.”
Gemma added: “I know the day will be great, I have a lot of surprises lined up for my guests and I have every confidence in my colleagues that it will all go to plan.”