Evacuated from smoke-filled Hatfield flats
A BLOCK of flats was evacuated after smoke filled the building.
Firefighters were called to Parkhouse Court at 7.30pm on Saturday.
After searching flats for the blaze, they eventually found a bin fire outside the Tamblin Way block had caused the fumes.
Chris Welsh, a fire officer at Hatfield, told the WHT smoke filled the ventilation system which then spread it through the building, next door to Domino’s Pizza.
He said: “The building was full of smoke and it was quite thick.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought it was one of the flats and it wasn’t for a while we pinpointed where it was.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes