Evacuated from smoke-filled Hatfield flats
A BLOCK of flats was evacuated after smoke filled the building.
Firefighters were called to Parkhouse Court at 7.30pm on Saturday.
After searching flats for the blaze, they eventually found a bin fire outside the Tamblin Way block had caused the fumes.
Chris Welsh, a fire officer at Hatfield, told the WHT smoke filled the ventilation system which then spread it through the building, next door to Domino’s Pizza.
He said: “The building was full of smoke and it was quite thick.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought it was one of the flats and it wasn’t for a while we pinpointed where it was.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder