Evacuated from smoke-filled Hatfield flats
A BLOCK of flats was evacuated after smoke filled the building.
Firefighters were called to Parkhouse Court at 7.30pm on Saturday.
After searching flats for the blaze, they eventually found a bin fire outside the Tamblin Way block had caused the fumes.
Chris Welsh, a fire officer at Hatfield, told the WHT smoke filled the ventilation system which then spread it through the building, next door to Domino’s Pizza.
He said: “The building was full of smoke and it was quite thick.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought it was one of the flats and it wasn’t for a while we pinpointed where it was.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts