Evacuated from smoke-filled Hatfield flats

A BLOCK of flats was evacuated after smoke filled the building.

Firefighters were called to Parkhouse Court at 7.30pm on Saturday.

After searching flats for the blaze, they eventually found a bin fire outside the Tamblin Way block had caused the fumes.

Chris Welsh, a fire officer at Hatfield, told the WHT smoke filled the ventilation system which then spread it through the building, next door to Domino’s Pizza.

He said: “The building was full of smoke and it was quite thick.


You may also want to watch:


“We thought it was one of the flats and it wasn’t for a while we pinpointed where it was.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter