Evacuated from smoke-filled Hatfield flats
A BLOCK of flats was evacuated after smoke filled the building.
Firefighters were called to Parkhouse Court at 7.30pm on Saturday.
After searching flats for the blaze, they eventually found a bin fire outside the Tamblin Way block had caused the fumes.
Chris Welsh, a fire officer at Hatfield, told the WHT smoke filled the ventilation system which then spread it through the building, next door to Domino’s Pizza.
He said: “The building was full of smoke and it was quite thick.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought it was one of the flats and it wasn’t for a while we pinpointed where it was.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign